You don't have to cry over shattered makeup anymore! We finally have some solutions to our cracked makeup fiascoes.
I've seen a few posts on Pinterest about how to fixed a cracked compact, but it wasn't until I watched Michelle Phan's YouTube tutorial "How to Fix Broken Makeup" that I decided to take a crack at fixing my shattered NARS Laguna Bronzer.
Instead of simply repairing one compact, I did one better. I combined my first ever bronzer (which had shattered into hundreds of inconvenient-to-use pieces and was sitting at the bottom of a drawer waiting for Godot) by adding it to the well-loved one I am currently using that I have now hit pan on.
Here's How I did it...
1. Carefully tap the powder from the cracked compact into the other bronzer.
2. Slowly pour in rubbing alcohol until the powder turns slightly muddy.
3. Stir the mixture with a small spoon or butter knife until all the powder is equally saturated.
4. Flatten out the mixture with the butter knife.
5. Wait several hours for your powder to dry. You can use a blowdryer to speed up the process, but if it's too wet, powder may spray everywhere. If this is the case, give your compact time to let the alcohol evaporate before blowdrying.
6. Once the powder dries, use a makeup removing wipe or baby wipe to clean off excess powder around the pan, on the mirror, and on the compact.
I don't have to rush out to buy a new bronzer any time soon! I have tested this method out on other broken powders, and it has worked on everything I've tried so far. Overall, I am a happy camper. Thanks, Michelle!
If you have any suggestions on how to make the compact look less like dessert and more like makeup, comment below and let me know. Also, if you decide to try this method, let me know below and upload a picture of your repaired compact to either Twitter, Pinterest or Instagram @DrtyBlndAmbtn using the hashtag #HauteOfftheBlog, and don't forget to follow me on Bloglovin'!